Criminal Defense Attorneys in New Jersey
If you are accused of committing a crime, it is important to have criminal law attorneys on your side who will aggressively fight for your defense. The consequences of a criminal conviction in New Jersey can be severe. Punishments include lengthy prison terms, costly fines and the loss of certain individual liberties, including the right to vote, the right to travel outside of the country, deportation and the right to own a gun. At Miller, Meyerson & Corbo, we understand what is at stake. Our criminal law attorneys, who are experienced with Jersey City, Hudson County and Essex County procedures, will carefully and thoughtfully review your case and develop a strong defense strategy to show the prosecution you mean business.
Experienced team & strong defense strategies
For more than 80 years, the criminal law attorneys of Miller, Meyerson & Corbo have defended ordinary people accused of crimes throughout Jersey City, Hudson County and Northern New Jersey with proven results. A strong defense strategy can lead to a reduced charge or avoid criminal liability all together. If you are accused of a criminal offense in New Jersey, our criminal lawyers will defend your case with care, thoroughness and skill. We handle:
- Disorderly persons offenses − Charges for disorderly persons offenses should not be taken lightly. These offenses, which include disorderly conduct, simple assault, shoplifting, trespassing and more, are punishable by up to six months in jail. A conviction can easily affect your employment opportunities. Our Jersey City criminal law lawyers will defend your case with vigor and ensure your rights are protected.
- Drug crimes − The penalties are severe for convictions of trafficking, distributing or possessing a controlled dangerous substance (CDS) or possessing drug paraphernalia. Our experienced criminal law attorneys will review the circumstances of your arrest and develop a reliable defense strategy to challenge the weaknesses of the prosecution’s case against you.
- Motor vehicle offenses − If you are charged with vehicular manslaughter, operating a vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol or driving with a suspended license, Miller, Meyerson & Corbo will fight to put you back in the driver’s seat. We also help restore suspended driver’s licenses and challenge New Jersey traffic tickets.
- Property crimes − The punishment for a property crime conviction can be severe. If you are charged with retail theft, embezzlement, fraud or some other property crime in New Jersey, Miller, Meyerson & Corbo can help. After careful review of your case, our attorneys will develop a strategy to aggressively challenge the prosecution’s case against you.
- Sealing and expunging records − Moving on from a conviction is difficult. A criminal record can limit your ability to pursue an education, find a reliable job or travel outside the country. The Jersey City criminal lawyers at Miller, Meyerson & Corbo will work to have your criminal record expunged or sealed so you can focus on your future life rather than your past.
- Sexual offenses − Rape and sexual assault cases are notoriously difficult to defend. An attorney must be able to make the case turn on the evidence and not the passions of the jury. Our experienced criminal law attorneys are skillful litigators with the talent to defend even the toughest of cases.
- Violent crimes − For any violent crime charge, a strong defense is important to protecting your rights. Miller, Meyerson & Corbo’s Jersey City criminal lawyers understand what is at stake and will make sure your rights are well represented.
Contact our law offices in Jersey City today
If you have been charged with any criminal offense in New Jersey, contact Miller, Meyerson & Corbo at 201-333-9000 right away to schedule a consultation with trusted Jersey City criminal law attorneys.
-Mary Rose Ziemba ★★★★★ Review From Facebook
“Mr. Miller defended me in a criminal case where numerous defendants received prison sentences. He was able to get me Probation which compared to the 3 year sentences other defendants were getting is a blessing.”
-Anonymous ★★★★★ Review From Avvo
“Mr. Miller is one of the most respected lawyers in Hudson County. He is indeed a true asset to the legal community and is respected and revered by lawyers from all areas of practice.”
-Aditya Surti ★★★★★ Review From Avvo